Monday, July 8, 2013

I Make a Terrible Blogger

If you were to ask my oldest son WHY I blog, he would probably tell you that I do it to embarrass him.  If you were to ask my youngest, he'd say it's because silly things happen around our house.  The husband has wisely been silent.
 
To prevent any misunderstanding at the onset of a new era, please allow me to give a teensy disclaimer:
 
1.  This will never be a fashion blog.  It's not that I'm hideously tacky (I think...), but I'm definitely not uber stylish and I have come to terms with the fact that I really don't care about that.  It just isn't my thing.
 
2.  This will never be a craft/DIY blog.  My neurosis and my ADD will always prevent me from being good at that stuff.  I could name at least 7 examples of my craftastrophes, but at least 4 of them are so bad that I can never share them publicly, or I'll be forced to kill all the witnesses.  Oh, the shame!
 
3.  You're not gonna see gorgeous pictures of our lives, or glimpses of an elegantly decorated home either.  I'm a dork with a camera (thank heavens for Instagram!), and I am more focused on having the house clean and organized, than fabulously decorated.
 
4.  I am a Christian and an unapologetic part of the CHM.  I want very much to be like Jesus, and I'll talk about Him here.  I will also excel at being imperfect.  Often.  Just so you know...
 
5.  Mostly, any blog I write will feature life.  Our lives.  Our weird family, and our longtime work in Children's Ministry.  I love to write, and I have a completely oddball perspective.  (Cue the chorus of singing minions any time now...)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by today!