Thursday, July 11, 2013

In The Midst of a Full Summer...


In the midst of summer bedlam, I remembered that I got a couple beautiful photos from our visit to Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati.  One of my favorite parts was the butterfly garden, and while most of the butterflies preferred to land on my colorful shirt, and my head, a few of them were kind enough to pose on a blossom long enough for me to take their picture.

We visited Krohn and also the Creation Museum during our first VBS date in Kentucky in June:  it will go down in history as one of the most relaxing weeks of summer ministry ever. 

Over the next few weeks, we have 3 more Child Evangelism dates--some local, some a few hours away.  These ones are a bit more of a challenge, and I would appreciate prayers. 

At one point, we'll be in the North Country for a camp.  It's a weeklong event with 2 children's services a day, among a lot of people I have known forever.  It's a challenge to keep things fresh and new when you've been working there for a decade now, and I am always afraid they are sick of us.  Plus, my children average 3 outfits a day, because the kids there all enjoy rolling merrily in the dirt.  Oh, the laundry!

At one point, we'll also be in the South Country for a church VBS.  It's a great group of people with whom we've never really worked closely and I sincerely hope they don't run away screaming.  They are a very musical church, and I murder simple songs on a regular basis.  They are also an athletic church, which probably means that none of them has ever made new friends by wiping out in the road in front of their house.  Many of them are hunter/gatherer types too.  Camo on the trucks, antlers on the walls.  I am pretty sure the only way there will ever be antlers on the wall of our house is if a moose wanders in, throws himself on the wall and surrenders his life voluntarily.

At one point, we'll also be in the Home Country for our own church's VBS.  This one is probably the hardest of all, because I KNOW those people are sick of us.  ;)  In order to get everyone involved, I'm busy adapting our own VBS theme to add stations so that others can participate.  At least for this one, we'll be in our own beds every night. 

God is good.  It's a privilege to work in Children's Ministry and I can't wait to see what else the summer holds. 

5 comments:

  1. So I like your new blog! As always, you make me smile and most of the time laugh right out loud! I'm glad you're my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you much, friend. Hope the packing is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see that you'll still be blogging although just at a different place :o) I thought maybe something happened as I checked over and over on you other blog! Sounds like you have a super busy summer. Hope all goes well for your family as you bless others with your Children's Ministry Outreach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of your new blog! You are "almost" inspiring me to change mine up and actually keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are "blogging" again!! I love reading your post and have missed them.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I love hearing from readers! Thanks for stopping by today!